Ariel & Commander Owners

Ariel Association => Technical => Topic started by: tha3rdman on August 02, 2006, 07:35:27 PM

Title: Under seat / bunk vents
Post by: tha3rdman on August 02, 2006, 07:35:27 PM
Has anyone done or considered cutting vent holes in then front of the main cabin bunks/seats? Noticed #97's funky smell mostly orginates from there, i attribute to lack of air flow. (or is the funk normal :) )
Title: Under seat / bunk vents
Post by: c_amos on August 02, 2006, 10:33:43 PM
I would expect a stale smell in those closed spaces, and remember a stale smell there when I bought 'Faith' and there was moisture in there.  There should be a small limber hole at the lowest point of the bulkhead, but mine were plugged (pretty small).  
 
  The water I found had come from a leaky chain plate.  have had no odor since resolving that problem.  Might want to look for a leak.